With the weather cooling right down getting out of bed in the morning has become even harder. The promise of a good breakfast is always a great motivation to jump out from under the sheets and this gluten free porridge recipe is sure to keep you getting up for more! It's warming, satisfying and quick and easy to make. We love adding berries to ours and topping with our Almond & Berry Breakfast Topper for extra antioxidants and vitamins to keep our immune systems strong through the colder months.
This recipe will have you bouncing out of bed..
- 1/4 Cup Quinoa flakes*
- 1/4 Cup Buckwheat (flakes/cream of buckwheat)
- 2 Cups Water (or 2 cups of plant based milk of your choice)
- Pinch of Salt
- 1Tbs Chia Seeds
- Handful of fresh berries
- KOJA Almond & Berry
- Cook the quinoa, buckwheat, water and salt together until the porridge begins to soften and cook through. This should only take a few moments.
- Stir through chia seeds and top with berries, and KOJA Almond & Berry Breakfast Topper
- Add honey, rice malt syrup or coconut sugar for sweetness if you like.
Best served warm and eaten slowly.
*Note: Alternatively you can use cooked Quinoa from the whole kernel. Make a batch in water the night before and store in an airtight container in the fridge. Cook one part dried quinoa seeds to 2 parts water and simmer in a saucepan for 20 minutes until soft and fluffy.