Spring has arrived and with the warmer weather it's time to soak up the sunshine and enjoy these fresh salad recipes!
This recipe is packed with red cabbage which is genuinely an original superfood. Red Cabbage is a powerful antioxidant, rich in vitamin C. The phytochemicals in red cabbage have been linked with reducing your risk of cancer, notably breast cancer and have also been linked with preventing alzheimers.
This salad is rich in Vitamin C, an essential vitamin for our immune systems. Vitamin C plays an important role in the formation of collagen. Beauty really does start from within!
This recipe is great to make as a side salad, serve with a piece of grilled salmon or chicken. You can also add tofu to the salad for a vegan option.
We love making a big batch and storing it (without dressing) in the fridge for easy lunches or light dinners mid week. Keep the dressing in a little jar and add it just before you're going to enjoy this super healthy salad.
- A quarter of a Red Cabbage
- A quarter of a White Cabbage
- 2 Carrots
- Few Handfuls of Mint leaves
- Fresh Red Chilli, sliced and serve to taste
- KOJA Salad Topper - Chilli, Coconut & Pecan
- 2 tsp Sesame Oil
- 2 TBS Tamari
- 1 TBS Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup of Lime or Lemon juice
- Finely slice the cabbage and grate the carrots. (Option to use a food processer or mandoline slicer)
- Roughly chop the mint and finely slice the chilli.
- Add all these ingredients to a large bowl and toss together.
- In a separate bowl, mix the dressing ingredients.
- Serve with KOJA Salad Topper
Note: If you’re making a single serve, store the dressing separately and only dress what you’re going to eat that day. The un-dressed salad will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Need to stock up on KOJA Salad Toppers? Grab a box here.