These KOJA-inspired healthy ice-cream bars have been on repeat in our households as of late, and with summer fast approaching - can you blame us!
The elements of this frozen treat closely mimic those of our Natural Peanut Butter Bars, boasting our favourite ingredients such as peanut butter (of course), crunchy peanuts, cacao nibs, buckwheat kernels and cashews. Full of whole-foods, just how we like it!
If you are a KOJA fanatic, we can guarantee you are going to LOVE these plant-based, gluten free, dairy free bars of deliciousness!
Makes: 10-12 small bars
You will need:
- 1/2 cup of natural peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of raw cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat kernels
- 1/4 cup of crushed peanuts
- 2 large over-ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp of brown rice syrup
1. Line a small yet deep baking dish with baking paper, set aside
2. Combine peanut butter, cashew nuts, bananas and rice-malt syrup in a high speed blender or food processor. Blend until smooth
3. Fold the cacao nibs, buckwheat kernels and crushed peanuts through the mixture and place into your pre-prepare baking dish.
4. Place your ice-cream slab in the freezer for 4 hours, then cut into 10-12 medium sized ice-cream bars and enjoy!
Healthy, Nutrition, Real Food, Wholefoods Next Post Previous Post