We're big fans of salads. They are so much more than just lettuce and tomato! Packed full of fresh greens, spicy roasted pumpkin, sweet and juicy pear, creamy avocado, and topped off with balsamic vinegar and crunchy Pumpkin Seeds and Cranberries, this salad is the perfect dish for any occasion from your next dinner party to your work lunch.
- 2 cups diced pumpkin
- 1 tbsp mixed dried herbs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2 heads fresh lettuce (approx. 100gm)
- Large handful fresh rocket
- ½ avocado
- 1 pear
- Handful fresh parsley
- 3 shallots
- Balsamic vinegar/glaze
- KOJA Pumpkin Seed and Cranberry Salad Topper
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Cut the skin away from the pumpkin and roughly dice. In a small bowl, mix with the olive oil, mixed herbs and paprika, and then roast in the oven for approx. 25 minutes while you assemble the rest of the salad.
- After washing the lettuce and rocket leaves, gently pat them dry and place in a large bowl. Thinly slice the shallots, dice the pear and the avocado and add to the bowl with the salad greens. Pick the leaves of the parsley from the stems, and add to the bowl of greens.
- Using clean hands, gently mix the salad to massage the avocado into the greens. This will make the salad a whole lot creamier and more decadent.
- When the pumpkin is cooked, take a plate and serve the salad. Top with the roasted pumpkin, a drizzle of balsamic vinegar/glaze, some additional avocado and some Pumpkin Seed and Cranberry Salad Topper!