This salad is super simple. The most important part is to make sure you’re using the best eggs you can find. Definitely free range, and ideally organic too.
This salad is a good source of Iron, which is particularly important for women. Plant based Iron is found in the baby spinach and eggs are also a good source of Iron. The salad is also dairy-free which allows your body to absorb the Iron more efficiently. Dairy products 2 hours before or after can inhibit your body's ability to absorb Iron.
The KOJA Chilli Coconut + Pecan adds a delicious crunch, a boost of flavour with a hint of chilli.
Serves: 3 as an easy meal, or 4 as a side
Prep Time: less than 5 mins
Cooking Time: 6 mins
Clean up: less than 5 mins
- 3 large handfuls of spinach leaves
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 1 avocado
- Olive Oil
- 6 Tbs KOJA Chilli Coconut & Pecan
1. Put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to the boil and then time for 3 minutes once boiling. Drain the water, rinse in cold water and then let the eggs cool before peeling.
2. Wash the spinach and add to your serving bowl.
3. Slice Avocado and add to spinach.
4. Add the eggs to the salad, drizzle with Olive Oil and Salt and Pepper.
5. Top with KOJA Chilli Coconut & Pecan and serve.
This Salad is gluten free, sugar free and dairy free.
For a vegan option, you could swap the eggs for crispy tofu.