We love having KOJA Breakfast Toppers on top of coconut yoghurt! So we asked the lovely Rebecca from The Orange Kitchen to share her coconut yoghurt recipe with us, so that you can make your own at home!
Making your own Coconut Yoghurt (coyo) can be somewhat difficult in that it can be a little bit fiddly, but coyo is delicious, super good for you, a perfect alternative to the more conventional yoghurt and making it yourself is super easy with just 2 ingredients required.
Aside from tasting like a tropical paradise, coconut is highly nutritious and rich in fibre, vitamins C, E, B1, B3, B5 and B6 and minerals including iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorous. They are also one of the highest sources of electrolytes in nature.
How to make your own coconut yoghurt
- 2 400ml cans full fat coconut cream (do not buy the low fat version or this won't work!)
- 3 tbsp pure state sweetener (e.g maple syrup
- Take the cans of coconut cream and flip them upside down. Doing this will mean that when you go to flip them the right way again when you want to open them, the solid part will be at the top = easier! Put the two cans in the freezer for 2 hours (not longer because you'll end up with a frozen mess!!)
- After 2 hours, open the cans and scoop out the creamy solid part into a blender. VERY IMPORTANT! Do NOT add the liquid or any part of the can that is not solid/has any kind of suspicious liquidness to it because the coyo will not work then! (keep the non-solid part of the can because it'll be delish in a smoothie - waste nothing!)
- Add the maple/sweetener of choice and blend for a minute or until well combined. An electric mixer will also do the job!
- Pour into a jar and refrigerate overnight before using. EASY. PEASY.
- We love adding coyo to our chia pudding!
About The Orange Kitchen:
The Orange Kitchen was born out of a desire live a healthier, happier and more wholesome life whilst still getting to enjoy delicious food. The site operates on a philosophy that healthy eating need not be boring, creating nutritious and enjoyable every day meals is easier than you think and that eating in abundance is possible!Recipe Next Post Previous Post