Capsicum and Kale Egg Muffins
Sorry to our vegan friends this one isn't suitable for you but keep your eyes peeled for our next recipe!
There are some great healthy snack recipes out there! Below is a healthy and easy snack recipe for you to try! It is rich in fibre, protein and healthy fats so will help to keep you satiated and your blood sugar levels stable.
Eggs are one of the best snack foods there is. One egg contains about 6-7 grams of high-quality protein. Eggs are also rich in vitamins, minerals, essential fatty acids and antioxidants. Eggs can be enjoyed scrambled, boiled or cooked into bite sized muffins. Below is a simple recipe.
Capsicum and Kale Egg Muffins Recipe (Serves 6)
- 6 eggs
- ¼ red capsicum finely sliced
- 2 kale leaves finely shredded
- ½ cup of grated cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Butter for greasing
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grease 6 muffin holes in a muffin tray with butter. Set aside.
- Add 6 eggs to a medium sized bowl and season with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs until fluffy. Add in the grated cheese and finely chopped capsicum and kale. Fold through egg mixture.
- Divide mixture between 6 muffin cups.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes or until cooked.
- Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Simply grab one out when you need a snack!
This shouldn't take you any longer than 30 minutes, how easy is that?
Great for an afternoon snack or even breakfast on the go!
Recipe prepared by Clinical Nutritionist, Margo WhiteNext Post Previous Post