The History of Anzac biscuits
What you need:
- 3 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Teaspoon Bicarb soda
- 2 Tablespoons Boiling water
- 3/4 cup Spelt flour
- 1/2 cup Desiccated Coconut
- 1/3 cup Coconut sugar
- 3/4 cup Rolled oats
- 1/2 cup KOJA Fig & Hazelnut
What to do:
- Pre heat Oven to 180°C
- In a mixing bowl, blend melted coconut oil with maple syrup. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix bicarb soda with boiling water. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix spelt flour, coconut, coconut sugar, rolled oats and KOJA.
- Add the first 2 bowls to your large bowl and combine. If the mixture isn't coming together, add a little more coconut oil until just combined.
- Spoon onto a baking tray lined with baking paper. Use the back of a fork to press the balls down slightly. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
Best enjoyed warm and soft straight from the oven, the biscuits will harden as they cool. Store in an airtight container.
If you’ve got a family favourite recipe for Anzac biscuits, try adding ½ a cup of KOJA Fig & Hazelnut (add a little less oats) to the mix and boost the nutrition for a healthy snack to be enjoyed year round!