This Valentines Day, what better way to say “I love you” than with a healthy and delicious breakfast, in bed!? These cacao pancakes topped off with berries and a tahini caramel drizzle are sure to keep you both satisfied with protein, fibre and healthy fats. The cacao not only gives these a beautiful chocolaty taste but is also rich in antioxidants, magnesium and feel good nutrients that boost your mood and mimic feelings of love. So not only will you be showing your partner some love with this breakfast, but loving your own body too.
Keeping with the theme of the day, you could try and make them into heart shapes. We weren’t so successful at doing this at KOJA HQ but it’s fun to give it a go and a great idea for the kids to help out.
Remember Valentine's Day is all about love. That could be love for your partner, friends, family, even a pet! You really don't need to wait until the 14th of February to to something romantic, spend time with the ones you love, or eat healthy pancakes. It's also important not to forget about yourself. It's easy to practise a little bit of self love everyday by nourishing your body with wholesome real food.
PS: If you’re rocking the single status it doesn’t mean you have to miss out on a Valentines Day breakfast. These pancakes are great to share with friends and family any time of the year...or to enjoy all to yourself.
For the Pancakes:
- 1 bag KOJA Cacao Protein Pancakes
- 100ml any milk (we like almond milk)
- 1 free range egg or see pack for a vegan alternative
- Strawberries or any other fruit of your choice
- 2 Tbs hulled tahini
- 1 Tbs cacao powder
- 2 Tbs rice malt syrup (honey or maple syrup)
- 1 Tbs hot water
- Make the pancakes according to instructions.
- Mix the tahini, cacao, rice malt syrup and hot water together to make the caramel. Add more water if it's too thick.
- Drizzle the caramel over the pancakes and top with berries.
If you’re looking for more mouthwatering pancake toppings and ideas check out these recipes.
1 comment Breakfast, Cacao, health, Healthy, love, pancakes, protein pancakes, recipes, valentines day
https://hcialischeapc.com/ – cialis 20mgOn April 22, 2021