Our famous KOJA Protein Pancake recipe is now yours to make at home every day. This protein pancakes recipe is gluten free, sugar free and plant-based. They're high in fibre, high in protein and guaranteed to keep you feeling full and satisfied for hours. Try all three flavours and choose your favourite.
- 1/2 Cup of Almond meal
- 3/4 Cup of Buckwheat flour
- 2 Tablespoons of Brown rice protein powder (unflavoured and unsweetened)
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon of Baking powder
- Pinch of Salt
- 1 large banana, mashed (makes about 1/2 cup mashed)
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (Plus 1/3 cup extra if needed)
- 1 large egg, whisked (Exclude this if vegan and use extra nut milk instead)
Add the following ingredients to make your favourite flavour
Cacao: Add 1.5 Tablespoons of Cacao powder
Coconut & Maca: Add 1 teaspoon of Maca powder and 2 Tablespoons of desiccated Coconut
Cinnamon: Add 2 Teaspoons of Cinnamon (or more if you love Cinnamon!)
Protein Pancake Recipe Method:
1. Measure all dry ingredients into a large mixed bowl. Add Cinnamon, Cacao or Coconut & Maca to flavour
2. In a seperate bowl, whisk the egg until light (Skip this step for vegan pancakes) Add the mashed banana and milk and stir together all the wet ingredients
3. In the dry ingredients bowl, make a well and add the wet ingredients. Stir gently. Depending on your natural dry ingredients, the mix may need the extra 1/3 cup of plant-based milk. Add slowly. The mixture should be thick but not dry.
Protein Pancake Cooking Method:
1. Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a non-stick fry pan. Spoon in the pancake mixture into pancakes sizes of your choice.
2. Flip the pancakes after 2-3 minutes or when small bubbles start to form on the surface. Cook the second side for 2 minutes or until cooked through. Continue until you've used all the pancake mixture.
Enjoy with your favourite toppings - we love greek yoghurt, fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple or rice malt syrup
Other topping ideas for your Protein Pancakes:
- Fresh berries
- Shredded Coconut
- Cacao Nibs
- Lemon Juice
- Nuts and Seeds
- Nut Butter
- Fresh Figs
For excess mixture:
Make into small protein pancakes and store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. To serve, re-heat in the microwave for 20 seconds.