With the warm weather, salads are officially back on the menu!
We had a great response on our last ‘lettuce free’ salad recipe (Find the Mint & Rice Noodle Salad recipe here), so we've decided to follow it up with another one. There's nothing worse than soggy lettuce leaves for lunch so we're saving you with salad recipes which are great for work lunches - all in under 10 mins!
With this recipe you can create a super healthy meal, with plenty of leftovers for lunches later in the week. It's gluten free, dairy free, high protein and super delicious. We've included a vegan option too.
- 3 carrots
- Half a Red Cabbage
- Handful of Mint
- Handful of Coriander
- 2 Spring Onions
- 1 Fresh Red Chilli
- KOJA Sesame & Almond
- 200ml Coconut cream
- 2 Tbs Sesame oil
- 1 Tbs Honey or Palm sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 Lime
Chicken Breast – grilled or poached
- Finely slice the red cabbage and grate the carrots. (If you have a food processor, this can be done with the grating attachment in less than a minute.)
- Roughly Chop the herbs and spring onions and finely slice the chilli.
- Add all these ingredients to a large bowl and toss together.
- In a separate bowl, blend all the dressing ingredients.
- Serve with shredded poached chicken, plenty of dressing and top with your dose of KOJA Sesame & Almond.
Note: If you’re making a single serve, store the dressing separately and only dress what you’re going to eat that day. The un-dressed salad will keep up to 2 days in an airtight container in the fridge.
Next Post Previous Post