With the weather warming up, salads are back on the menu! Here at KOJA HQ we are huge fans of making a big salad to keep you going for a couple of lunches and dinners during the week. The downside is the dreaded soggy lettuce effect of 2nd day salad, eggghhh we hear you!
This salad uses a cabbage base and will keep crisp and crunchy for a few days in the fridge. It’s easy to make in less than 10 minutes and is great for mid-week lunches or as a side salad with a simple & healthy dinner.
- 3 cups wombok cabbage (or white cabbage if you can’t find wombok)
- 1 head raw broccoli
- 2 spring onions
- Handful of mint leaves
- Vermicelli noodles
- KOJA Chilli Coconut & Pecan
- 2 Tbs Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbs Honey (or vegan alternative)
- 1 Tbs Tamari (and a little extra for the noodles)
- Extra water
- Soak the vermicelli noodles according to packet instructions. Drain away any water and add to a large bowl. Add a dash of tamari and stir through the noodles.
- Finely slice wombok cabbage, spring onion and broccoli florets. Use the broccoli stalk in finely sliced pieces to add texture – no need to throw it away!
- Roughly chop the mint leaves
- Add all of the above ingredients to the noodles and gently mix together.
- In a small bowl, mix the dressing ingredients together. Add a touch of water to achieve a runny consistency.
Pour the dressing over the salad and top with KOJA Chilli Coconut & Pecan for your daily dose.
Note: If you’re making a single serve, store the dressing separately and only dress what you’re going to eat that day. The un-dressed salad will keep up to 3 or 4 days in an airtight container in the fridge.