Pumpkin, Asparagus & Goats Cheese Frittata
If your Monday to Friday is a busy rush between work, family and social commitments this recipe can be a lifesaver. It's easy to make and suitable for Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner.
The eggs provide a good source of protein, along with essential minerals. Plenty of veggies will boost your vitamin intake too.
Makes 4 serves, or double the recipe for more. If you're confident in the kitchen, feel free to mix up the veggies. Our favourites are chargrilled broccoli, capsicum, spinach, sun- dried tomatoes, or smoked salmon, but there's no rules to frittatas.
- 1/2 Small Butternut Pumpkin
- 1 Bunch of Asparagus
- 8 Free range Eggs
- 150g Goats Cheese (Meredith Dairy is unbeatable)
(Pre heat your oven to 160 degrees Celsius)
1. Peel and Roughly chop the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Place on a baking tray with olive oil and salt & pepper. Bake for 30 mins until soft and golden.
2. Remove the woody ends of your asparagus. Place the spears in a bowl and cover with boiling water to soften for 3 minutes. Drain away the water and chop the asparagus into 2-3cm pieces.
3. Crack 8 eggs into a medium sized bowl and whisk.
4. Add cooked pumpkin pieces, asparagus, and goats cheese pieces into a lined baking, about 20cm long.
5. Pour over the egg mixture to cover. (If the mixture doesn't cover the veggies you can always add an extra egg or two.)
6. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until eggs are set.
Once cooled, cut into portions and store in ready to go containers.
Serve with fresh greens, vinaigrette and boiled potatoes.