Have you ever tried putting vegetables in your oats? We saw this amazing recipe pop up on our instagram page by the talented @innerpickle_ (Ash) and knew we had to know more! Ash is a passionate, vegan foodie and Instagrammer, who has a serious addiction to all things peanut butter, cookies, and breakfast. She's taken the standard morning porridge recipe up a level by adding in zucchini! What a great way to get more veggies into your day!
This warming porridge adds an extra serve of veg to your day!
- 1/3 cup oats
- 1 tbs LSA meal
- 1/3 zucchini, grated
- 1/3 banana, mashed
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg and cardamon
- In a bowl, combine all the above ingredients, and add enough water to help it mix together and until it's all coated. Place in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning, heat a saucepan on medium heat and add your oat mixture with some plant based milk - enough to make the mix liquify.
- Once the mixture is bubbling, reduce to a simmer and stir often so it doesn't stick the bottom of the pan. Cook until desired consistency is reached, about 5-10 minutes, until the mix is nice and gooey.
- Pour into a bowl, top with your favourite fruits and KOJA Breakfast Topper, maybe even some nut or seed butter, and enjoy!
NOTE: Soaking your oats overnight is not essential. It can make them easier to digest. Soaking them also means they cook faster in the morning, which means more sleep time for you! If you choose not to soak overnight, just combine everything in a saucepan in the morning, with probably about 1 cup of desired liquid and cook until you reach a good consistency.Breakfast, Recipe Next Post Previous Post