This decadent recipe is so versatile. It’s easy to whip up a big batch for the family the night before. Flavoured with raw cacao and ripe banana, it’s the perfect breakfast, healthy dessert or on-the-go snack and can be served warm for those chilly winter mornings. We love topping with fresh berries and KOJA Almond & Berry for an extra antioxidant boost.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1-2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp sweetener, optional (we like to use rice malt syrup)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- KOJA breakfast topper (we love it with KOJA Almond & Berry!)
- The night before: Mash the banana in a bowl and stir in the cacao, sweetener (if using) and vanilla extract.
- Stir in the coconut milk, water, chia seeds and oats.
- Place into the fridge overnight
- To serve, top with berries spoon into bowls or a jar to take away with you and top with your favourite KOJA breakfast topper. You can even layer with yoghurt to make a parfait.
Note* To serve warm, heat in a saucepan over a low to medium heat for approximately 5 mins or in the microwave for 1-2 mins. If the consistency is too thick, stir in extra water as needed.
Need to top up on KOJA Breakfast Toppers? Check out the full range here