Forget about pasta, this warm salad is your new comfort food! It's great served fresh or even stores well for a couple of days in the fridge. The KOJA Chilli Coconut & Pecan offers a satisfying crunch, extra protein and healthy fats.
Serves: 2 with some leftovers
Prep: 8-10 mins
Cooking: 5-6 mins
Clean up: less than 10 mins
Ingredients: all these amounts are approximate
-2 or 3 small zucchinis
-A punnet of cherry tomatoes
-KOJA Chilli Coconut & Pecan Salad Topper
-Handful of parsley
-Lemon juice (about 1/2 a lemon)
-50gm Feta, marinated in oil
-Generous splash of olive oil
-8-10 nuts (whatever is in the pantry- I used walnuts. Almonds, cashews, pecans, pinenuts or macadamias also work)
-1 garlic clove- peeled, chopped and then blanched in boiling water for 2 mins
-Salt and pepper
-Dash of warm water
1. Using a peeler, make ribbons from the zucchinis. Any left over pieces set aside and we'll add them to the sauce.
2. In a medium pan, lightly saute the zucchini ribbons with olive oil and rock salt.
3. In a small bowl, place all the sauce ingredients and spare zucchini pieces and blend. I use a Barmix.
4. Add the sauce to the pan and heat through.
5. Serve the zucchini and sauce with freshly chopped cherry tomatoes, and top with KOJA Chilli Coconut & Pecan. Drizzle with extra olive oil.
Allergy/ Eating preference alternatives:
For a vegan, dairy free and paleo meal: swap Feta cheese for a dash of coconut cream.
This recipe is gluten free and sugar free.
Comments will be approved before showing up.