You're sure to get your daily intake of vegetables with this satisfying salad! It's packed with fibre, antioxidants, vitamin C and heaps of other nutrients and great for any time of year as you can serve it warm or cold. It also makes perfect ‘throw-in-everything-from-the-fridge’ salad or you could customise it to suit whatever vegetables are in season. This recipe is thanks to the lovely Alessia from Crisp.
- Half a cup of chopped broccoli
- Half a cup of chopped cauliflower
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 cup of chopped red cabbage
- Handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon of Tamari
- Olive oil
- Wedge of lemon
- KOJA Sesame & Almond Salad Topper
- Heat olive oil in a frypan and cook broccoli and cauliflower on medium heat.
- Once broccoli and cauliflower have softened, add the zucchini.
- When the zucchini is just cooked, add tamari and salt and pepper to taste then simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Toss through the red cabbage and any other vegetables and cook for another minute or so.
- Remove saucepan from heat, and serve vegetables on a bed of spinach leaves.
- Dress the salad with lemon juice and top with your favourite KOJA Salad Topper. Here we used KOJA Sesame and Almond.
If you've run out of time to prepare this delicious salad, head into Crisp where the team can whip up a variety of fresh salads and other healthy take-away lunch options.
Images: Alessia Ferraro