The Mediterranean lifestyle has been praised for decades due to the array of health benefits their dietary patterns offer. This salmon and roasted vegetable bake is no exception! Salmon is one of the highest sources of omega 3 essential fatty acids in our diet, and is linked to reduced inflammation within our bodies, greater heart health and improvements in our mood!
This dish is faultless because you can substitute in your favourite vegetables or even swap the salmon for a protein source of your choice. You may also wish to swap the chickpeas for your favourite slow-release carbohydrates; rice, quinoa and potatoes all work just as beautifully.
We hope you enjoy!
Serves: 2 (you can add extra fillets of salmon to increase the serves)
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
Dietary: Gluten & Dairy Free
- 2 fillets of salmon
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- ½ eggplant, diced
- 1 small punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 1 red onion, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup diced mushrooms
- 1 400g can of chickpeas, liquid drained and rinsed
- ½ lemon
- 3 tbsp of dried Italian herbs
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place your chopped vegetables into a large baking tray and stir generously with the olive oil, garlic and dried herbs. Place into the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare your salmon by rubbing a small amount of olive oil onto the flesh, as well as a pinch of salt and pepper and top with 2-3 lemon slices (halved)
- After 20 minutes, make room in your vegetable medley for the salmon and place into the oven for an additional 20 minutes.
- Take your tastebuds back to Italy and enjoy with your loved ones.
When do you add the chickpeas?On June 24, 2020