Cacao Smoothie Bowl Recipe
If ever there were a holy grail of all foods, it ought to be chocolate. Typically considered a dessert, that need not be the case when you use raw cacao powder, which is the healthier version of the more conventional cocoa powder commonly seen in cakes, desserts and cookies. Unlike its typically unhealthy cousin, raw cacao powder is unrefined, contains no added sugars yet retains all the delicious chocolate-y taste! You can read all about the difference on our Cacao vs Coca post. Raw cacao is a delicious addition to a smoothie bowl like the one below, which is perfect for breakfast, a morning snack, a 3pm pick-me-up or dessert, especially when topped with some KOJA Fig and Hazelnut Breakfast Topper!
- 2 bananas
- 1 cup coconut milk (unsweetened)
- 2 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup/rice malt syrup/raw honey
- KOJA Fig and Hazelnut Breakfast Topper
- Sliced banana
- Fresh strawberries
- Raw cacao nibs
- Pure-state peanut butter
- Peel and freeze your bananas overnight. Leave them whole and cut into smaller pieces in the morning (they’ll stick together and become fiddly in the freezer otherwise!).
- When you want to make your smoothie bowl, remove the bananas from the freezer and chop them up into pieces manageable for your blender. Put in the blender with the coconut milk, cacao powder and syrup of choice. Blend for a few minutes, or until well combined. If you prefer a thinner smoothie, simply add more coconut milk.
- Take a bowl and scoop/pour the smoothie out and then get creative with your toppings! Enjoy!!