These bars back a serious protein punch! They are full of nuts, seeds and superfoods and more importantly.. peanut butter and cacao.. because we all know that peanut butter and chocolate is always a winning competition. Make these up on a Sunday night and you'll have a healthy snack to keep you satisfied during the week. The whole family will love them too!
Our natural vegan protein slice recipe is super simple..
- 100g dates
- 1 cup boiling water
- 100g almonds (crushed to a rough flour in the food processor or use almond meal)
- 50g oats (or quinoa flakes for a gluten free option)
- 100g shredded coconut
- 100g KOJA Chia Seed & Coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tbs natural peanut butter
- 4 Tbs cacao powder
- 2 Tbs honey (or rice malt syrup)
- In a bowl combine the dates with boiling water and set aside for at least 15 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven. In a food processor, mix the almonds to a fine flour. Set aside.
- After the water cools slightly, remove the pits from the dates. Add the water and dates to the food processor and blend roughly to a paste.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the food processor and blend, stopping to scrape down the sides to ensure it all mixes in.
- Lay a sheet of baking paper on the bench and spoon half the mix onto it. Lay a second sheet over the top and use a rolling pin to roll out the batter to less than 1cm thickness. Repeat with the second half.
- Remove the top layer of baking paper and set on a tray. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes at 120° C.
Let it cool before cutting into bars. Makes 30 bars. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.