Are you looking for a healthy dessert that is packed with immune supporting antioxidants, gut loving fibre and is low in sugar?
If so, you need to try these dietitian-approved strawberry and orange oat crumbles! They are gooey and crunchy at the same time (who knew!), incredibly delicious and made entirely from whole foods.
They are super simple to make and are the perfect afternoon or after dinner sweet treat.
- 400g of frozen strawberries (defrosted)
- Juice of a fresh orange
- 1 tbsp of rice malt syrup
- 3/4 cup of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup of wholemeal flour
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
1. Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees celsius
2. Combine strawberries, orange juice and rice malt syrup in a medium sized mixing bowl
3. Prepare the crumble by mixing together the oats, flour, coconut sugar and olive oil
4. Spoon the strawberry mixture into 3 small ramekins and top with the crumble
5. Place the mini crumbles into the oven for 25 minutes
6. Serve with thick greek yoghurt
On an important note, let's keep this real. We are not suggesting that these foods will cure or prevent disease. With the current global pandemic, it's especially important to understand that no diet or food choices can provide immunity to viruses or disease.
Written by Accredited Practising Dietitian and Nutritionist, Millie Padula