Since we are on the topic of morning routines, it made sense for us to bring you a wholesome and nourishing breakfast recipe to help set your day up for success.
Instead of adding dried fruit (a highly concentrated source of sugar) into our muesli mix, we much prefer adding sweetness through whole, fresh fruits for extra fibre, vitamins and minerals. This muesli is also an excellent source of slow burning carbohydrates to keep you energised, plant-protein to keep you satisfied and healthy fats to boost your heart health and mood! It also contains buckwheat kernels and cacao nibs which was inspired by our delicious peanut butter bars. It really is the perfect way to start your day!
Make it a balanced meal by serving your muesli with:
~ Unsweetened greek yoghurt
~ Fresh Fruit - we chose raspberries and passionfruit
~ Milk of your choice
~ As a topper on your favourite smoothie or smoothie bowl.
1 serve = 1/4 cup (30g)
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/4 cup of peptic seeds
- 1/4 cup of cacao nibs
- 1/4 cup of buckwheat kernels
- 1/4 cup of roasted hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup of slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup of shredded coconut
- Combine ingredients in a large serving bowl. Yep, it's that easy!
- Pair with your favourite sides and store the remaining muesli in an air tight container.