Nothing screams spring quite like a salad filled with wholesome and fresh ingredients.
This Halloumi, Avocado and Strawberry Salad is packed with iron-rich produce and immune-supporting Vitamins A & C. It contains a source of lean protein and is perfectly accompanied by the slightly salty yet ever so delicious halloumi cheese!
Strawberries are also in season at the moment which means they are accessible and affordable, bonus!
The Vitamin C in the berries helps to increase the absorption of the iron from the spinach and chicken and the healthy fats from the avocado and olive oil make this the perfect heart healthy, mood-boosting meal!
The other great thing about this recipe is that you can substitute any ingredient to make it suit your taste and dietary preferences. Here at KOJA, we love experimenting with different varieties of fruit (mangoes work a treat) and swapping the chicken for plant-powered chickpeas makes the recipe vegetarian. You may even like to swap the halloumi for some feta or a cashew-based cheese if you choose.
If you make this recipe, don't forget to share a photo! #kojahealth
You will need:
1. 300g of Chicken Tenderloins (optional) or replace with 1 can of drained and rinsed Chickpeas
2. 1 punnet of Strawberries, hulled and sliced
3. 180g of Halloumi Cheese
4. 120g of Spinach
5. 1/2 cup of Snow-peas, ends removed and sliced in half
6. 1 avocado
7. Fresh Mint, to serve
For the dressing:
1. 1/4 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2. 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar
3. Juice of 1 Lemon
1. Place the spinach, strawberries, avocado and snow-peas into a large bowl.
2. Cook the halloumi and chicken on a medium fry-pan over medium heat. Once cooked, place onto the salad.
3. Combine dressing ingredients in a small bowl and drizzle over salad.
4. Serve with fresh mint.