Raw desserts are a health trend that you’ll see everywhere at the moment. They're good for us and delicious! So just how do you create a dessert without stepping foot near the oven? Well, read on.
- A blender/food processor
- A bowl
- A spatula
- A colander or strainer
- A cake tin
- 1 cup activated buckwheat kernels
- 4 Medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 Tbs Almond Meal
- 2 Tbs Shredded coconut
White Fudge base:
- 1 can organic cannellini beans, drained and rinsed well
- 1/4 cup raw honey or vegan sweetener
- 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- A pinch of sea salt
Raw cacao powder, and fresh berries for decoration
1. Prepare the cake tin by lining it with baking paper. This will keep the cake from sticking to the pan.
2. Place all ingredients for the base into a blender and blend until mixture sticks together to the touch. If too dry add a tsp of water or coconut oil. If too wet add more almond meal.
3. Tip out into prepared tin, spreading to the edges with a spatula.
Tip: If the mixture sticks to the spatula, dip it in water then continue smoothing out the base.
4. Place tin in the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
5. Drain the cannellini beans through the colander and and rinse thoroughly.
6. Place into the blender along with the rest of the fudge ingredients
7. Blend until smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender in intervals.
8. Place back in the freezer for at least 1 hour.
9. When the cake is set, remove it from the freezer and using a fine colander or tea strainer, dust the cake with raw cacao powder and sprinkle some fresh berries on top.
This cake can be made well in advance and kept in the freezer. At least 30 minutes before serving, remove it from the freezer and place in the fridge or on a bench top away from direct sunlight.
This cake is gluten free, dairy free and soy free. It's made with real, whole food ingredients just like our KOJA bars.
Baking, Cacao, Cake, Dessert, Koja Protein, Layered, Protein, Recipe, Recipes, Vegan Previous Post