This time of year, most of us are well and truly back into the swing of things - we are busy formulating/re-creating our work and schooling routines for the first time in what seems like forever.
Implementing healthy habits during a change in routine can be a little challenging, which is why we have created this fuss-free, simple and nutritious slice that you can enjoy as a breakfast on the go, a morning tea snack or for lunch/dinner with a side salad. Talk about versatility!
Given this slice is full of eggs and vegetables, you best believe it is nutritionally adequate and dietitian approved too!
You will need:
- 8 Eggs
- 3-4 cups of your favourite vegetables - we used onion, mushrooms, spinach, capsicum, potato and tomatoes and zucchini. Starchy vegetables such as potatoes and sweet potatoes don't require to be cooked beforehand.
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 2 tbsp of feta cheese
- 1 tbsp of dried Italian herbs
All you need to do:
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, set aside
- Finely slice your favourite vegetables and place them onto the baking tray alongside the shredded cheese
- Whisk together the eggs and pour over the vegetables
- Top with extra vegetables, feta cheese, Italian herbs, salt and pepper
- Place the slice into the oven for ~45 minutes or until golden
- This slice can be made in bulk and frozen! Enjoy.
Breakfast Recipes, Gut Health, Health, Healthy, Healthy Body, Healthy mind, Nutrition, Recipe Next Post Previous Post